“In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity,” Augustine of Hippo
Even though Christian churches base their faith and practices on Holly Scripture, in real life we come across the variety of traditions - this is how it was in the history of church, and this is how it is now. The thing is, every local church creates its unique atmosphere or culture, which is formed by separate people at a church, their talents, gifts and ministry.
This atmosphere is expressed in certain values (formulated or not), which are difficult to be just borrowed or forced. Rather, we discover them throughout the church life. At the same time, responsibility of every Christian is to cherish and strengthen evangelical values inside the community.
The values express, first of all, not the exclusiveness, but the uniqueness of a local church and show the diversity that is possible in the body of Christ.
Here are the values of our church:
- The greatest value of our church is worshipping One God, Who reveals Himself in Jesus Christ and Holy Scripture. We believe that Holy Scripture is the optimal foundation of our faith and practice.
- Everything that we practice and believe in is closely related with Jesus Christ. We believe that "...in Him dwells all the fullness of the Deity bodily; and you are complete in Him..." (Col 2:9-10)
- We serve people, not programs, that is why we value, love, trust and respect everyone both in church and outside the church walls. A person can never be the means, but always a goal.
- We value and cherish the unity of a local church, by building relationship in communication, showing respect to its ministers, helping and serving one another and avoiding what separates Christians. We believe that together we can accomplish great things.
- We are a modern and progressive evangelical church that serves modern society. We believe that we are called to pass on the Gospel to our generation in an appropriate and clear way.
- Our ministry is sensitive to the needs of people who do not have a deep relationship with God just yet.
- We believe that we can reach the fullness of our calling in life by growing spiritually and serving one another.
- We understand that the children of God are called to liberty. We are seeking for new creative ways of expressing our faith and are ready for a dialog both in and outside the church walls.
- We strive for perfection in everything we do.